Honey Lemon Ginger Cough Drop Recipe
1 cup strongly brewed ginger tea.
½ cup raw honey
1 large lemon
2-3 drops of Peppermint or Thieves essential oils (optional)
1. Juice the lemon and combine with the ginger tea and honey in a tall pot on the stove. Make sure your pot has tall sides or it will overflow.
2. Put the burner on medium-to-medium high heat and bring to a boil. Bring the mixture to 300 degrees F. This will take 20-30 mins. Stir often or it will burn!
3. Once the mixture reaches 300 degrees F, move the pot off the burner right away. Pour into a silicone mold or spoon small drops onto a parchment-covered baking sheet.
4. Let cool for about 1-2 hours or until it has hardened completely.
5. Once they have dried, coat them with powdered sugar or cornstarch to avoid them sticking together. For storage, keep them in an airtight container up to two weeks. After the honey starts crystalizing, use them in your tea instead.